We are currently looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our team of analytics experts on a one year contract. In this position you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is a passionate data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
What you will do and achieve:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Data Engineering, the duties and responsibilities of the Data Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Provide operational and technical expertise for Data Engineering projects related to vector and raster GIS data products
- Responsible for producing data products and reference data for software products through GIS activities such as digital map production, database compilation, data conversion, and quality control
- Responsible for full life cycle of data from prospecting data sources through to QA/QC of the end product
- Accountable for providing timely written reports to the Management team regarding production related tasks and project status
- Responsible for the completion of assigned agile tasks within Sprint timeframe
- Provide technical assistance to other parts of the company where needed, related to products and software
- Assist in the development, evaluation and maintenance of production methodologies and quality control measures
- Create procedural and workflow documents for projects
- Project management of specific projects
Who you are:
- Degree or certificate in GIS from a recognized Post-Secondary university or college
- Relational databases experience
- SQL language and Server experience
- ARCGIS or MapInfo Professional experience
- Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Key Knowledge & Skills
- Strong GIS knowledge of fundamental processes and functionality
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented with multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Must be a team player, flexible and self-motivated
- Possesses strong commitment to quality and a flair for innovation producing new methods using new source types, suggesting new algorithms or tools
Other Desirable Attributes
- Proficient with MS SQL server spatial
- Bi-lingual in French is an asset
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with orwithout notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
LightBox and all its holding companies are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the LightBox and its holding companies to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCY SOLICITATION PLEASE.