Here’s How Big Data Can Help Santa
What if Santa could:
- Determine where changes have occurred since last year?
A lot can happen in a year, especially in Canada. 10,000 postal codes were added last year and the latest census showed significant variety of changes happened within Canada.
If Santa used his list, location and neighbourhood level data – he could do the following:
- Identify the new addresses and postal codes that were added since last December
- Understand the age of neighbourhoods – who has a new roof vs. an old roof so he can safely land his sleigh
- Use neighbourhood projections for population changes to efficiently plan for future Christmas’ that have yet to come
- Double check who is on the naughty/nice list?
Santa after making his list and checking it twice to find out who is naughty or nice now has a problem before he comes to town! Santa with his large list of names and addresses can now:
- Confirm names with addresses and institute elf approved data quality standards
- Identify business addresses that he doesn’t need to visit because everyone is at home nestled snug in their beds with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads
- Ensure the best flight path?
“Santa Claus is coming to town!” “Santa Claus is coming to town!” “Santa…Claus….is coming to…”
Wait – can Santa optimize his route to town?
Santa has decided to upgrade his sleigh navigation system to include address points so that he can see everybody and check them off his list as he delivers his parcels and goodies.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from everyone at DMTI Spatial!